FIRST TIME HOMEBUYER
Bii Gii Wiin CDLF has certified homebuyer trainers to teach a Native American curriculum called “Pathways Home” The workshop is to teach about the home buying process and benefits to homeownership. Things you will learn through this workshop will include topics such as;
- Steps to becoming a homeowner
- How you can prepare financially for homeownership
- What you can afford to pay for a home
- Importance of credit and how it impacts homeownership
- How to choose the right mortgage loan and get approved
- Ways to shop for a home
- What to do when you are ready to make an offer
- Responsibilities of homeownership
After completing the mandatory 8 hours, participants receive a HomeStretch certificate of completion, which meets the national industry standards for homeownership education.
The purpose of the housing counseling is to provide one-on-one counseling to help clients fix problems that prevent them from receiving affordable mortgage financing. The housing counselor analyzes financial and credit situations, identifies barriers in those situations and together with the client develops a plan to remove those barriers.
Together, we are preparing American Indian homebuyers that will become successful at homeownership!